Hey everyone, here are some of the YA books and debuts set for June 2012. This isn't a complete list, just some of the ones I'm interested in. I hope this list will help feed your readers!
June 5
All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
DAC
Why I'm Excited: Yes this is a cancer book, but it looks like a really interesting take on how siblings are affected when one of them has cancer. I hope it will make me feel all the things.
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Why I'm Excited: I haven't read any of Kody's books, but every premise sounds fan-freaking-tastic, and A Midsummer's Nightmare is no exception. It sounds a bit like a teen dramady and I'm excited to see how the main character grows over the course of the book.
Tempest Unleashed by Tracy Deebs
#2 in the Tempest series
Why I'm Excited: First off, this cover is beautiful! This series sounds really cool, and while I don't have much experience with mermaid books, I think the Tempest series would be a great place to start.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
#1 in the Grisha trilogy
DAC
Why I'm Excited: Shadow and Bone may be one of the most hyped debuts of 2012. I've only heard rave reviews (hell, even Veronica Roth recommended it). I know this is one of the June books I'll be picking up for sure.
Arise by Tara Hudson
#2 in the Hereafter series
Why I'm Excited: COVER. Plus I really like the premise for this paranormal romance, and even though Hereafter has a mixed bag I'm still very curious to see what I'll think about this series.
Surrender by Elana Johnson
#2 in the Possession series
Why I'm Excited: Hummm, this series seems dubious to me. I'm a little worried this series is a love triangle set in a weak dystopian setting, but it also seems interesting.
June 7
The Glimpse by Claire Merle
DAC
Why I'm Excited: This sounds like a crazy dystopian! I really hope it focuses on the world building which has so much potential. I love the idea of segregating a society based on potential for mental illness, but at the same time it does worry me that there won't be much science in this science fiction. We'll have to wait and see!
June 12
Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
#1 in The Lost Souls series
DAC
Why I'm Excited: This sounds a little bit like what would happen in Children of Men if that girl didn't have a baby. I am worried this will be another case of romance trying to be science fiction, but yet again I hold out hope there will be some science in my science fiction.
Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
Why I'm Excited: I love Italy. I've been there twice and I know I will be going back as soon as I possibly can. I love the culture and the history and the amazing landscapes. This sounds like an adorable summer romance book, and I can't wait to read it.
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Why I'm Excited: You guys, this cover. Look at it. It is stunning. The concept sounds great too. A re-imagining of Jane Austen's Persuasion set in a crazy science fiction future world? YES PLEASE.
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
#1 in the Lies Beneath series
DAC
Why I'm Excited: I really like this cover, even if it is a bit misleading (the main character is actually a boy). This story sounds awesome though because they are BAD mermaids, and I like a little murder with my mythical creatures sometimes.
Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham
DAC
Why I'm Excited: Ah, a drama filled road trip. This sounds like a really cute concept, and I hope it will be as fluffy fun as I think it will be.
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
#2 in the Bloodlines series
Why I'm Excited: I effing LOVE the Vampire Academy series, so a spin off with some of my favorite secondary characters? YES PLEASE.
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
#2 in the Hourglass series
Why I'm Excited: I've heard mixed reviews about Hourglass, but this series sounds crazy. The concept is pretty wild, so I'm interested to see how it will play out.
June 14
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
DAC
Why I'm Excited: This sounds like a cute summer romance. I'm hoping for lots of steamy make out scenes in this one!
June 19
Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
DAC
Why I'm Excited: I havn't read too many war books, but Something Like Normal looks like an excellent take on a young soldier trying to come back into normal life.
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Why I'm Excited: I haven't read any of Courtney Summers's books, but I really appreciate how she is stepping away from her usual genre of contemporary to try her hand at a zombie novel! I've also read many reviews about how fantastic this zombie novel is, so of course I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on it.
June 21
Stolen Night by Rebecca Maizel
#2 in the Vampire Queen series
Why I'm Excited: This series sounds like a pretty cool paranormal romance and I really like the synopsis of the second book. I also really like this cover, it's very pretty.
June 26
Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel
#1 in the American Fairy Trilogy
DAC
Why I'm Excited: This sounds like an interesting take on the fae. Usually we see fairies in lush forest settings, so the dust bowl setting is very interesting. Plus that face on the cover is freaky!
Before I wake by Rachel Vincent
#6 in the Soul Screamers series
Why I'm Excited: This series has some rabid fans, and I want to get in on it. There are soon to be six books and I have yet to read the first one. I will soon.




















Awesome books! All These Lives sounds similar to Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper. Also, Jodi Picoult's YA book Between The Lines co-wrote with her daughter came out yesterday.
ReplyDelete