Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon: Hour 1

The read-a-thon has begun!  I'm updating from my phone because I had to run some software tests this morning so this post is short.  It will also be missing correct capatalization and punctuation (I've gone through and fixed this now) because for whatever reason I can't do that on my phone.

Anyway here are my answers to my introduction questions.


  1. Where am I reading from?  Dayton, Ohio in the US
  2. Three random facts about meI have a bachelors of science in electrical engineering.
    I was in marching band for nine years.
    I have been to England, Spain, France, Italy (twice!), Canada, and China
  3. How many books are in you TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
    I have four books I'm current reading and my goal is to finish them. They are Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce, Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill, Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (a re-read), and The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  4. What are my goals for the read-a-thon?
    My only goal is to stay up for the full 24 hours, which will be a challenge but I can do it!
  5. Are you a veteran reader and do you have any advice?
    Nope!  This is my first time doing Dewey's read-a-thon but I've done other ones in the past.  I would say just read what you want.  Don't force yourself to read a book you aren't into.  
Ok that's it for now, more to come later!

1 comment:

  1. This is my first ever read-a-thon, but I'm happy to report that I'm having a lot of fun! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete