Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Friday Face Off (on Wednesday) Cover Reveal: The Fault in Our Stars


So yes, I know it is Wednesday and I know Friday Face Off (hosted by Misty at The Book Rat) is supposed to be on Friday, but this is breaking news that cannot wait.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green has a cover!  Here it is: 


I like it, but I have to admit I'm not in love with it.  I do like the simplistic nature of it and maybe once I read the book I'll like the cover more. That certainly was the case for Paper Towns so I'll keep an open mind.

I do have one massive problem with the cover though.  Why the HELL is Jodi Picoult quoted on the cover!?  First of all, Jodi Picoult is a lame-o lifetime movie-esque adult author, not a funny-as-hell-while-still-being-extremely-poignant YA author.  Second of all, just because Jodi Picoult wrote a shitty book about a teen with cancer that got turned into a fairly successful movie, she's the go-to default author on the subject?  I'm sorry but if The Fault in Our Stars is even one tenth similar to My Sister's Keeper I may just have to punch a baby.  (oh and for the record, the movie of My Sister's Keeper is totally different from the book and has much more believable characters and a way more logical ending...go movie people you got it right).  I'm really disappointed by this blurb and I hope this isn't final and the publishers will wise up and put someone else on the cover (or no one, that's ok by me) but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment