Friday Face Off is a meme hosted by one of my favorite book bloggers Misty over at The Book Rat. Usually this meme focuses on different cover designs for the same book and decides which is better for the story. I wanted to take this meme and add a little twist to it today by discussing a cover reveal!
I recently read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake and fell in love with the story. It's a great scary ghosty mystery book with a lot of gruesome deaths and freaky ass dead bodies. The cover for the book is perfect for the overall tone of the book. The black and white lends to the mystery of the book and the house in the background is exactly what I imagined Anna's house to be like. I also love the red at the bottom of her dress and on her legs. It's a very clever design.
Recently the cover for the second book, Girl of Nightmares, was released. For the people who have read Anna and know how that book ended, I think this cover is perfect. It fits the tone of the end of Anna very well and also shows how Anna has grown as a character. I love that her hair has a similar shape but this time she's turned out, facing the reader. I also love her posture and how her hand is giving a"follow me" gesture. Also, do you see those freaky red people grabbing for her legs? Holy shit that's creepy.
For everyone that's read Anna, did you have a particular image of her in your mind? I am an avid video game player and as I was reading this book I kept imagining Alice's hysteria mode from American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns. What do you think?
Yeah, I think that's about right.






AWESOME.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you called me a favorite. *is warm and squishy*
=D