Hello everyone and welcome to Off the Shelf! This is my way of sharing any new books I receive or buy as well as let you all know what my reading plans are for the week and what I hope to get off my TBR shelf.
This past week was banned books week so I decided to check out some of the most challenged books from the past ten years. And yes, the most challenged book in the past 5 years is a children's picture book. I don't get it either.Finished Reading:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
#3 most challenged in 2009
#6 most challenged in 2008
#10 most challenged in 2007
#8 most challenged in 2006
#5 most challenged in 2004
And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
Illustrated by Henry Cole
#1 most challenged in 2010
#2 most challenged in 2009
#1 most challenged in 2008
#1 most challenged in 2007
#1 most challenged in 2006
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
#6 most challenged in 2009
#3 most challenged in 2005
Currently Reading:
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Up Next:
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake







I had fun with banned book week too. My Monday is at http://www.spiritblog.net.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of great books! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteMy Monday list: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-4.html
Enjoy your books. What is keeping me from finishing the books I have going? A new kitten! Come see what I'm reading.
ReplyDeleteOMG a kitten! I love kitties! haha they are so cute
ReplyDelete