Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mini Challenge: Mid-Event Survey

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

2. How many books have you read so far?

Only 2, Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill and Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I'm looking forward to re-reading Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

ha no the opposite.  I had to go into work for the first five hours of the challenge.  I usually don't work on the weekends.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

My interruptions were 5 hours of work, an hour of of working out, and an accidental 2.5 hour nap (oopsies!).  So I've only been reading for about 3 hours.  I guess I just keep reading when I can, and try and get as much in a possible.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm surprised at how fast it's going.  All of the mini challenges make it really fun and fast paced.  I was expecting some more comments though.  It feels like everyone is writing their mini challenges and updates without reading anyone elses.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I'd say try and find a way to encourage more interaction between the readers.  Maybe make greater use of twitter.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Not work for the first five hours?  lol that's about all I can think of really.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

No, but like I said, I've cheated.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

I think just read books you find really exciting and interesting.  Books that make you want to keep reading.  Now is not the time to suffer through a reading of War and Peace (unless you like that kind of thing).

8 comments:

  1. looks like you're doing well

    haven't read Joe Hill yet...seen Horns in the library so might get that out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard they're making horns into a movie, but it will have Shia LeBouf so that sucks ;)

    I'm not doing as well as I'd like, this silly thing called real life keeps getting in my way. I hope to finish 1-2 more books, we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nap isn't cheating. It just a way to make sure you stay up til the wee hours of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha I don't know if i'm going to make it much longer. I'm very tired :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know why my friend still likes Hanson! This song was amazing and inspirational, too. Thanks for entering it in my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @inintw Hanson is SO Good! You should check out their new stuff it's so awesome. They're really good live too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my mini challenge! How did you like sisters red? I had trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't 100% into it either. Usually a book that around 320 pages takes me 3-4 days but this took me almost 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete